Sunday, August 21, 2011

Time

Between something I read from Og Mandinos and discussing the parable of the talents in church today I concluded the following.
No matter how rich or awesome you are, you have the exact number of hours in a day as someone who isn't as deece. A king and a bum both have 24 hours in a day. How they use that time is the difference in who they are. Although maybe that is a bad example because when I think of a bum I picture him sitting in the shade of a tree with a few dirty belongings and a back pack. When I picture a king he is also sitting around but in a really ornate chair. So I guess how they use their time actually only determines how nice of a chair they get to sit in.
Every week I sit in church for 3 hours. To be quite honest, sometimes I leave church thinking, "that was sort of a waste of time. I think I would have enjoyed myself more doing many other things." In spite of this reoccurring feeling, I can count on one hand how many times I have missed church on Sunday in the last 23 years. Even if I go unwillingly, I still go every week because I feel it is the right thing to do.
What am I getting at? Besides the point of how awesomely religious I am, the point I am really trying to make is, just like the King and the Bum, I get to choose the intensity of those 3 hours in church. Like most things in life, the more I put into those three hours of church, the more I will get out of them. Either way, I will pass 3 hours in church.
We are given time, how much we make of it is up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment